Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hands-on - Royal Macaroons with BakinCalf @ BakinCow

Following the 1st class of tarts with BakinCalf, I went on for a 2nd class...
This time on the hotcakes of recent, MACAROONS...


I'm sure many who love SWEETS, will love macaroons.
Naturally these little beauties are sweet and just SWEET...
This actually puts me off a bit due to the sweetness.
Despite I'm a person who enjoy desserts, this sweetness is just too over.

While the macaroons outside puts me off and yeah, it saved my pockets, this one by BakinCalf, surprisingly is reasonable sweetness...
Yes, it is still sweet, but compared to the Bxxxxxxx, it is definitely less sweet...

To many, macaroons are very troublesome fellows to hand-made and indeed they are.
Sensitive little fellows that requires many considerations.
Folding, resting, temperature & baking.
All of the above-stated, require xtra care when dealing with.

As understood, we could further reduce the sugar used, but the effect of it pipping up might not be as well.
I might consider when I'm making in order to cater to some who are not into that kind of sweetness...
Just praying they will turn out as well...

This one here is done in the French way.
There's also an Italian way, but I've not yet researched on their difference.
Maybe it is the way of making.

It doesn't seems very difficult and yet not easy as well...

Shinni has been yet again very patient in her guidance thru'out the class.
Taught us how to make sure we have everything in place and right.

These were done at her high supervisions and I'm not sure how well will mine turn out when I try on my own.
Already "few bookings" for it, and I guess I better started practicing so I can catch the right over temperature without wasting too much...




Interested party, please contact BakinCalf.com

No comments: