Monday, August 1, 2011

Kiwi Creme Patissiere Tarts


 


Short Crust Pastry
(adapted and modified from <Aunty Yochana Blueberry Cheese tart> )

100g butter
50g icing sugar (reduced from 60g)
30g egg
200g top flour (the only flour I had a home; original is using plain flour)
A pinch of salt (original is 1/8 tsp and I don't have this at home)
1/2tsp vanilla essence (vanilla extract project still in progress)


1) Cream butter and icing sugar till creamy
2) Add salt + vanilla + egg
3) Add flour and knead lightly to form dough (I used my KA thruout)
4) Chill for abt 10-15mins
5) Weigh into abt 15g dough and put into mould
6) Bake at pre-heat 150c for 18mins (or till golden brown)

Custard cream recipe used in this tart will not be posted due to business ethics.
(Cuz the custard cream was learnt during a workshop that I've attended.)

However, I found another similar recipe and I did tried a small batch and it was equally good.
(It was used in my Choux Puffs instead)

Creme Patissiere
(adapted and modifed from <Carol 自在生活 - 卡士達餡> )
A: 200g fresh milk
     15g sugar (reduced from 20g)
     1/2 tsp vanilla essence (original was 1/3 vanilla pod)
B: 1 egg yolk
     15g sugar (reduced from 15g)
C: 50g milk
    10g cornstarch
    15g flour
D:10g butter (unsalted)


1) Boil A
2) Beat B till well mixed
3) Combine C and add to B
4) Sieve A and add to #3 slowly
5) Cook till thick
6) Add D and stir till well mixed
7) Cover with cling wrap and cool till ready to use




***************************************************************

I didn't have enough tarts mould and therefore some tarts will be a little shorter in height...
BUT, custard is still as much as I could fill...

***************************************************************

I got a feedback that it was too creamy...
Cuz I followed the recipe to the T therefore I used the amt of cream...
Next round, I will cut the amt of cream to make it more light...

And for the inconsistent crust thickness, I will weigh it next time to maintain each crust thickness the same...

To the feedbacks, really appreciate... :D


"I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #10: Easy as Pie (August 2011), hosted by Janine of Not the Kitchen Sink!"

No comments: