Sunday, January 16, 2011

2010 Xmas Cake

 
Was invited to a family Xmas party by my cousin...



Food has been prepared and on thinking that despite we're relatives, but somehow, going empty-handed doesn't looked good...

Therefore, I volunteered to challenge a Xmas cake for the party...

The recipe I used for the cake layer is the common sponge cake layer that I always do.
(Finally, I managed to make changes to the recipe to cater to our taste buds)

Comparing to following the recipe straight, I decided to be more adventurous and did little modifications to it...
It may not sounds logical to change that bit in the recipe, but if it turns out good, it is a good modification...

Cake was done with 2 layers, both original (despite 1 layer was added with green colouring)
Sponge filling was a self-invent (sorry but I can't disclose as who knows it might just become my source of xtra income? ;P)

I thought it would be boring, so I layered off with sliced peaches as well...

Thinking the cake would really be boring with just cake, I decided to "covered" it up...
A wrong judgment caused my intention of creating a white snowy land into a golden Xmas land... -_-'''
And to another wrong ingredient used, the top was a little overwhelming sweet...

Despite the faults, the cake was still well-received by those who tried...
(Maybe they are just being kind afterall it's Xmas)

Pardon my poor creativity, that was the best that I could do...

Below is my confirmed successful brownie which I added at the very last min just in case the cake wasn't enough for the big group of us~


No comments: