Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hands-on - Tucks-in-Tarts with BakinCalf @ BakinCow

I've always been a player with flour, sugar & eggs...
And it has been known in some of my friends...
I accidentally brought up the interest in one, my long-time friend from Poly days, SF...

She was keen with the now selling like hotcakes macaroon...
So she went on to search for relevant hands-on class...
(I found similar hands-on, but they are more into the cakes and stuffs or they are just way too expensive)

She found this bakincalf.blogspot.
But bakincalf doesn't teach only macaroon.
bakincalf also teaches tarts, cupcakes & cookies...




Initially, we intended to join the macaroon class.
Sadly, it has been fully booked by the time we found bakincalf and by the time we wanna registered ourselves...
We put it off for a while...
Then SF asked me one day if I'm keen with tarts for a start.
I was thinking "why not"???
Though I will need to spend some money but at least it occupied few hours of my lazy wkends...

SO........................................
We registered for the tarts class in July.

Class was kept small to max 7 pax..
(which was good cuz it allows all of us to hands-on)
Location has been pretty good for me.
Most important factor, the instructor is a very nice and patient instructor.

The class that day was fun and I did enjoyed the whole session.

Am up next for the Sept macaroon class and so is SF...
Another long-time friend, JL is keen, but macaroon is kinda too sweet for her.
She is keen with the choux puff which I told her I'm keen as well, and she'll be up next with me at the choux puff...

Results of the day....
(we made 4 kinds of tarts, but I didn't managed to take photos for all)


No comments: