Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tea Time @ Royal Copenhagen Tea Lounge

Royal Copenhagen Tea Lounge at Takashimaya



























I have been eyeing on Royal Copenhagen for a long while...
Especially when walking around at Takashimaya...
They had been there for years but never once did I stepped into the place...
Cuz they don't look cheap to me...
(Their china wares are prices over heaven...)

It was my own cravings but I used treating a friend as birthday treat as an excuse and shadow...hehehe...
(If not, I will only continue to eye that place...haha)
It was our planned choice cuz I was eyeing on another place...
But it was way too crowded and the q was like never moving...
So we went to Royal...

There was still the q, but luckily we didn't have to wait like hours to get a seat...
The place always have patrons moving in and out therefore we got a seat like after 20mins or so...

The place is actually not as how it looks...
(From my point of view that is...)
By the name, it gives the posh and classy place...
But on the contrary, it is pretty "lively" and the decos were not quite what I was expecting...
You see many patrons getting seated, served and then billed...
Not many were seen sitting there for hours to slowly enjoy the tea and have their chats...
Maybe it is due to the q-s, that is why patrons are also very "automatic"
They don't hogged the seats and give them up when they are done...
(They seems to have "educated" their patrons quite well)

I've ordered the Royal Deluxe tea set for 2 as there would be 2 of everything served...
(Both my friend and me were quite hungry by then...)
(And it gives us 2 choices of cakes...)

2 choices of cakes + 2 servings of their famous scones + 2 quiche + 2 finger sandwiches

Cakes were choices that u see at their cake corner near the entrance...
U will see some there were left with just a couple of slices and some are still quite a lotful...
(Those are probably their signatures)
We chose their green tea with berry and chocolate mudslide...
Green tea one is very flavourful with strong green tea fragrance...
Chocolate mudslide is very sinful...

Scones are their signature and it didn't fail their reputations...
Indeed, the scones are warm and goes along well with butter and the berry sauce...
(We omitted the whipped cream)

Their quiche are also very nice...
Also warm and we can catch the fragrance from the egg and the salmon used was quite a plenty...

Their finger sandwiches were just so-so despite u see a little caviar...
I thought they could be replaced with some cookies instead...

Verdict:  
Go early to avoid too long waits...Scones and cakes are not to be missed...
A minus is the tea/coffee is only 1 serving and would be better if it comes in a small pot...
(That is probably why patrons will eat and go...)
The finger sandwiches could be a not necessary.
Their tea time sets prices are still reasonable...
Decos could be slightly improved as I think the current ones are of some time already...
A place that I would re-visit though I will opt the sandwiches out if possible...

No comments: